Wednesday, May 25, 2005

since you've been gone (Dear Mother...)

five years have passed (doesn't seem possible)
i've moved (but just once!)
i rescued a cat (she's all white-- like Bruno)
i've fallen in love (yes... with a woman)
i came out to Dad (said he was neither disappointed nor surprised)
i've quit smoking (again)
my grey hairs have increased (as have my wrinkles)
Ted lost his job (several times over)
and he's living back with Gram and Dad (much to their dismay)
Grampa B. passed on (have you run into him in Heaven?)
rainbows and sunsets have special meaning to me now ('paint the sky pretty colors for me')
i notice alot of things I didn't notice before (and see a piece of you in everything)
things i thought were important aren't now (and things that weren't, are)
i still see you in my dreams (a couple times a month)
I realize now how much I loved you (and how much you loved me, too)

No comments: