Tuesday, August 29, 2006

And I smoke

I created this blog
To take the place of my original blog
Smoke Rings in the Dark
When I was attempting to quit smoking
But
I started smoking again
And started posting on Smoke Rings again
But I still maintain this blog to some degree
Probably as much as I do any other blog
I will attempt to quit smoking again
But this time
I won't even plan to stop posting to my other blog
Smoke Rings in the Dark
Was not just named with smoking in mind
It has many other connotations in my life
It represents the general fog
That I still to this day
Smoking or not
Live my life in
As that blog's tagline states
A look at life through a cloud of cigarette smoke
But it's not just cigarette smoke
It's the hazy uncertainty
That has come to define
My existence
Of course it also references the song
By the same name
And in referencing the song
It in turn references my mother
Just as this blog
The Cheesebox
References my mother
Her cheesebox
Her poetry and other writings
And here I shall carry on that legacy
Which is why this blog
Like my other
Must go on


No comments: